David Brownstein, M.D. is a Board-Certified family physician and one of the foremost practitioners and speakers of holistic medicine.
Dr. Brownstein has practiced holistic medicine for 25 years, has 16 books out, many of them best-sellers.
In this dynamic and personal dialogue between two colleagues and dear friends, you will learn:
- What are the most accurate ways to assess cholesterol.
- What are ideal cholesterol levels.
- Why do cardiologists recommend statins when the statistical science is so poor.
- Statins include atorvastatin (Lipitor), fluvastatin (Lescol XL), lovastatin (Altoprev), pitavastatin (Livalo), pravastatin (Pravachol), rosuvastatin (Crestor, Ezallor) and simvastatin (Zocor, FloLipid).
- Learn the most common side effects and the underlying mechanisms.
- Statins increase calcium score numbers: what this is and why you should care.
- Relative versus accurate statistical significance.
- The role of thyroid and hormones in heart health.
- Thyroid resistance, what it is, what labs look like and how you treat it .
- How Dr. Brownstein trains medical students to learn this information.
- And more!
- The Statin Disaster Brownstein David
- How statistical deception created the appearance that statins are safe and effective in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Expert Review of Clinical Pharmacology, 2015; 8 (2): 201 DOI: 10.1586/17512433.2015.1012494