Injuries, Lymphedema & Tamoxifen with Dr. Berkson
In this show you will learn:
- Sometimes it’s good to assist in your own healing and not treat yourself like a China teacup. Injury reframe!
- What’s lymphedema?
- Some possible causes and symptoms.
- The lymph system has “tight junctions” that can “leak”.
- The role of estrogen signaling and iodine in lymphatic flow, lymphatic tight junctions, and lymphatic health.
- Possible tamoxifen complications in lymphedema.
- A flavonoid that may help with lymphedema along with a light-weight program.
Supportive nutrients: Vitamin B2 100 mg and B3 500 mg twice a day can potentially help cells use iodine better (enhance bioavailability). These nutrients are co-factors in the NADPH oxidase pathway.